Thanks to the wonderful Babies R Us we were able to take Turner's broken swing back and upgrade it to this one. They were super nice about it! Turner LOVES his new swing! It even plugs into the wall so that you don't have to keep buying batteries.
I want to share a funny story about last night when we were taking the swing back to Babies R Us. Most of you know that I am generally an uptight person who gets stressed out very easy. This story is for you! So last night, we folded up the swing and took it out to the truck. I got Turner all buckled in while Justin loaded the swing into the back. When Justin set the swing in the back, I got all stressed out that the swing was going to slide around back there on the drive the store. I was certain that it was going to get damaged and then the store wouldn't take it back. Justin assured me that the swing would be fine and said "It's broken anyway. Who cares!". As we were driving, sure enough the swing started sliding all over the place every time we stopped, started, or turned a corner. I was on pins and needles with sweaty palms and all the while, Justin was calm as could be with not a care in the world (this is generally his temperament and it drives me bonkers when I'm stressing out). I was all over Justin like white on rice. The poor guy had to listen to me stress out about his driving and the already broken swing in the back the whole way there. I was so upset! "You don't even care that I'm stressed out". "Slow Down". "AAGGHH! The SWING". "They're not going to take it back". "Oh my gosh its breaking"! POOOOOOOR Justin!!! So we arrived at the store and sure enough, the swing was fine (all except for the fact that it didn't work in the first place)! I quickly grabbed the baby and headed into the store still miffed that Justin didn't care that I was stressed out. The customer service rep told us that we could do a "no receipt return" on the swing and get a credit for the lowest sale price that they sold that particular swing for. This was fine with me! I was just glad that they were willing to take it back. As we waited, the CS rep had a hard time finding the swing in their system. I noticed that she was getting a little stressed out about the situation and she called her manager. The manager must have asked her for some info (like the make and model number) off of the swing itself. Next thing we knew, the girl whipped around the counter like the Tasmanian Devil, picked up the swing, knocked it around on the ground a good few times before finding what she was looking for. After she was finished and the dust had settled, she walked away leaving the swing in absolute shambles all over the ground. The mobile was practically destroyed and there were pieces of the swing all over the floor. Justin turned and looked at me with complete satisfaction written all over his face. He didn't even need to say a word! He had received his vindication for the pain and suffering that he endured on the drive to the store. We laughed the whole way out to the car and I apologized profusely.
I want to share a funny story about last night when we were taking the swing back to Babies R Us. Most of you know that I am generally an uptight person who gets stressed out very easy. This story is for you! So last night, we folded up the swing and took it out to the truck. I got Turner all buckled in while Justin loaded the swing into the back. When Justin set the swing in the back, I got all stressed out that the swing was going to slide around back there on the drive the store. I was certain that it was going to get damaged and then the store wouldn't take it back. Justin assured me that the swing would be fine and said "It's broken anyway. Who cares!". As we were driving, sure enough the swing started sliding all over the place every time we stopped, started, or turned a corner. I was on pins and needles with sweaty palms and all the while, Justin was calm as could be with not a care in the world (this is generally his temperament and it drives me bonkers when I'm stressing out). I was all over Justin like white on rice. The poor guy had to listen to me stress out about his driving and the already broken swing in the back the whole way there. I was so upset! "You don't even care that I'm stressed out". "Slow Down". "AAGGHH! The SWING". "They're not going to take it back". "Oh my gosh its breaking"! POOOOOOOR Justin!!! So we arrived at the store and sure enough, the swing was fine (all except for the fact that it didn't work in the first place)! I quickly grabbed the baby and headed into the store still miffed that Justin didn't care that I was stressed out. The customer service rep told us that we could do a "no receipt return" on the swing and get a credit for the lowest sale price that they sold that particular swing for. This was fine with me! I was just glad that they were willing to take it back. As we waited, the CS rep had a hard time finding the swing in their system. I noticed that she was getting a little stressed out about the situation and she called her manager. The manager must have asked her for some info (like the make and model number) off of the swing itself. Next thing we knew, the girl whipped around the counter like the Tasmanian Devil, picked up the swing, knocked it around on the ground a good few times before finding what she was looking for. After she was finished and the dust had settled, she walked away leaving the swing in absolute shambles all over the ground. The mobile was practically destroyed and there were pieces of the swing all over the floor. Justin turned and looked at me with complete satisfaction written all over his face. He didn't even need to say a word! He had received his vindication for the pain and suffering that he endured on the drive to the store. We laughed the whole way out to the car and I apologized profusely.


3 comments:
That's hilarious... but I am glad Turner got his new swing...
Hearing this in person was awesome!! LOL
That is the same swing Isabella had and she loved it too! The great thing about that swing is that it swings both ways. So if he gets sick of swinging one way... just change the direction and he will be happy for a few more minutes! Glad you were able to take back the other swing and upgrade!
Post a Comment