Yesterday was a very bad day for Maggie. When she was outside for her morning visit to the grass, she hurt her leg some how. When I opened the door to let her inside, she wouldn't walk at all. I couldn't believe it! I didn't know what had happened. The poor girl was shaking and in alot of pain. I was so worried about her. I called the vet and made an appt for her later that afternoon. When it was time to leave for the appt, she wouldn't walk on her leg and was still shaking really bad. At the Vet's office, the Vet felt her leg and found where the pain was coming from. She asked me to put Maggie on the ground to see if she would put any weight on it. Sure enough as soon as I put her on the ground, she started walking all over the place. I took one look at the Vet and said "I swear she wasn't walking just a minute ago". The Vet just looked at me and giggled. I told her that this is like when your car is making a horrible sound and you take it to the mechanic and it stops making the sound. For crying out loud! At least Maggie started gimping after walking on it for a few minutes. That's the least she could do in order to make me feel a little less stupid in front of the vet. In any case the Vet said that it was probably just a sprain and gave her the vaccinations that she was due for. Later that evening we were eating dinner and Maggie started throwing up. I put her outside to let her finish while I cleaned up the carpet. When I went to see how Maggie was doing outside, I noticed that she had thrown up another 5-6 piles. My goodness! I couldn't believe how much she was throwing up. I left her out there for another few minutes to make sure that she was done. When I let her inside, she jumped up on the couch and started rubbing her head all over me. I took one look at her and freaked out. Her head was so swollen that her eyes were almost swollen shut. She had huge bumps of swelling all over the top of her head and she was wheezing like she couldn't breath very well. Her mouth was really swollen and so were the inside of her ears. It took me about 2 seconds to run her to the car and drive across the street to the pet hospital. They said that it was an allergic reaction to the vaccine's that she had had earlier that day. They gave Maggie a couple of shots to stop the reaction and she was feeling much better a couple of hours later. I took these pictures when we got home from the pet hospital. She was already starting to look much better but this will give you an idea of how bad she looked. I'm just glad she made it through the day. It was really rough for her.
4 days ago


2 comments:
Oh my gosh!!! Poor thing!!! I hope she feels better!! It get better Maggie, it get better!
I'm sorry Talia---your day just got worse after I talked to you! Henry had that happen once too, and it freaked me out. I think little dogs are allergic to the lepto vaccine a lot of times. I hope Maggie is feeling better (and that you and Justin and Turner are doing well too! Owen asked to see baby Turner this morning...)
Post a Comment