Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Attack of the Killer Ants


I hate ants! Every year it seems that our house becomes the summer hang-out for all of the ants in the city. This year, the infestation seems to be worse. We have tried spraying Raid every night before bed and have even tried to flood them out of their lovely homes. I was complaining about this to my friend Britney the other day and she let me in on a little secret. Apparently her neighbor had an infestation similar to mine. All the neighbor had done was pour some powder laundry soap outside of the colony. The idea is that the worker ants will carry pieces of the laundry soap into the colony and everyone (including the queen) will eat up and die. I was a little skeptical but thought that I would give it a try. That night I set the trap and waited. The next afternoon, I went out to see what was happening and sure enough all the ants were out and they were carrying little pieces of the soap. As of now we are completely ant free! YIPPEE!!! Three cheers to Britney for the idea!

0 comments: