Turner is 6 months old!!!! Can anyone believe it????? Where in the heck has the time gone? So here are a few fun bits of info about Turner.
1. He loves to scream at the top of his lungs.
2. He just got over his first cold.
3. He can get up on his hands and knees and rock back and forth. As soon as he tries to crawl, he falls flat on his face. Sad but really funny.
4. He got to pet Otis (our cat) for the first time a couple of days ago. Up until now, Otis has been terrified of Turner.
5. He doesn't have teeth.
6. He scrunches up his face and breaths really fast through his nose when he's mad. He has even started doing it to me when I do something to tick him off. i.e. Making him lay on his back while getting a diaper change. Man alive! Talk about attitude. Ü
7. He can mimic sounds like Dada and Mama.
8. He is really ticklish on his back.
9. He is finally starting to grow his hair back. He had a full head of it when he was born and then it all fell out.
10. His favorite foods are: Pears, apple sauce, squash, sweet potatoes, and carrots.
Turner has his 6 month check-up on Wednesday so I will be sure to post his stats. My guess is that he will still be tall and skinny with a big head.
Has anyone out there ever made chicken cordon bleu before? Tonight was my first attempt at this task. The recipe that I used was one that Justin found on the Internet. It was a crock pot version which I thought was a little weird but it seemed really easy. Plus who doesn't like cooking with the crock pot? Well anyway, I started my preparation by pounding the chicken breasts to a bloody pulp. Oops! They looked like I had taken a shot gun to them or something. Needless to say, it was very difficult to stuff and roll them for the crock pot. However, I think I handled this part pretty ok. All except for the fact that my stuffed chicken breasts looked like baby porcupines instead of the more traditional look which consists of one tooth pick holding the breast together. I'm pretty sure I almost used an entire box of tooth picks on 4 chicken breasts. Yikes! But who's counting? So I placed the breasts into the pot and added the sauce. Everything from this point should be smooth sailing right? Well, the time came to take the chicken out of the crock pot and eat dinner. When I lifted the lid, I noticed a little something weird about my chicken. Instead of looking like baby porcupines, they looked like rainbow colored baby porcupines. What the heck??? Then is dawned on me .... apparently colored tooth picks don't hold up so well in a crock pot for 4 hours. The color from the tooth picks bled all over my chicken. Just imagine slopping a spiky rainbow colored piece of chicken on your husbands plate and saying "eat up". Yum yum! Whos hungry?
4 days ago


2 comments:
That is so dang funny! I am laughing my guts out right now! I have made chicken cordon blue only once before. Let me tell you... wrapping the ham on the outside of the chicken is a ton easier... a whole lot faster... and less messy! You just put the cheese under the ham... wrap it around the chicken and bake it in the sauce. So did you end up eating it?
By the way... I can't believe Turner is 6 months old! It is amazing how fast these kids grow up! He is so dang cute! I loved having you guys come over and visit last week. Thanks for being my friend!
Post a Comment