***Blogger is hating me tonight!! For some reason it's not putting spaces between anything and I'm too tired to figure it out. Good luck! I'll try to fix it tomorrow. ****
Hello friends! It's been a while hasn't it? A lot has happened in our world so I'm going to do my best to update you and hopefully entertain you with some pictures. Rather than doing a huge post talking about everything we've done, I think I'll just post a gazillion pictures with little captions. How does that sound? Before I get to the pictures I wanted to share some sad news that some of you already know. In December, we had a miscarriage at almost 12 weeks. It was a really hard thing to go through but we're doing much better now and I'm excited to start writting this blog again. Ok, so now that that's out of the way, lets move on........... In December, Justin's sister Amberly and her family came to Utah for a visit. Turner had so much fun with his cousins Owen and Isaac at the dinosaur museum!
Christmas came and went. We had a lot of fun as a family and Turner even got to sit on Santa's lap!
I love baking! Made these yummy cupcakes for a relief society activity in February.
We were given this cute mini recliner by a friend and I decided to reupholster it. What was a I thinking? Seriously if someone could answer this question I would greatly appreciate it!
This is the finished product! I think she turned out pretty well considering I've never done anything like this before.
As if this little chair wasn't enough I decided to reupholster a Lazy Boy and surprise Justin with it for his birthday. Now this is really where I question my sanity. This was not a smart idea! I repeat, THIS WAS NOT A SMART IDEA!! In the end it turned out ok but I would never ever ever ever do this kind of a project again. I ended up spending about $75.00 to do both chairs. Here is the finished product.
Boys will be boys!
I handmade these journals for all of the women in my family for Christmas. Such a fun project!
A few weeks ago we took Turner out to fly his kite. The wind was perfect but it was FREEZING!! We didn't last long but Turner had fun!
Turner celebrated his 3rd birthday on March 27th. We had a dinosaur themed birthday party complete with dino cupcakes, decorations, smoking volcanos, dinosaur feet, a volcano bean bag toss, a dinosaur dig, and pinata. It was a very fun party!
I recently set up a photography studio in my parents basement. These were the first shots I took while practicing to use my light. I love my boys!
Shortly after setting up the studio in my parent's basement, I was able to take some pictures of Turner and my niece Melissa. These were a gift for my parents. I think they turned our super cute!
These were the out takes of the two kids.
And last but not least lets not forget our cute Maggie and her broken leg.
Taking a nap with her blankies. She is such a sweet dog!
Well that about covers it. Thanks for catching up with us!
Love,
Talia








7 comments:
Yeah for blog updates! You forgot to mention the huge accomplishment of potty training! Also, LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures of Justin and Turner. We really need an updated family picture one of these days...also an updated one of your family for our wall, too!
Also, cant believe its been that long since we have seen you, Justin's chair turned out great. Now that we are all healthy and life is somewhat normal again we need to get together!
Love, love, love the pictures! Grandma told us about Tucker's birthday and Maggie at the hospital. That birthday looks super fun, and hopefully Maggie will be all fixed up soon. Love you!
What an awesome post...your pictures and projects are amazing! We miss you guys...
I am so happy to see an update. I am very sorry to hear about your miscarriage though. You are such a talented and creative lady. What a great mom you are! Keep the updates coming!
So sorry to hear about your loss.
the chairs are awesome...i'm soo impressed...i would never even think of attempting something like that.
The valentine cupcakes were amazing and delicious :)
Hard to believe Turner is 3 - he is so cute!!
Sorry your cute family has gone through so much lately, hope that life calms down a little bit. I love the picture of Turner with his finger up his nose by the way. Too funny!
Post a Comment