Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Every August we head up to Lava Hotsprings with my dad's side of the family. It's fun to think back on the many years we have been doing this. I remember going as a teenager and now I'm taking my husband and little boy. Time flies so fast!

We have stayed at the same campground every single year (and even stayed in almost the exact same spots each year). It's great! The campground is beautiful. It sits right next to the river and is shaded by tons of large cottonwood trees.

If you haven't been to Lava Hotsprings before you must go there! We've been there in both the winter and in the summer. I will say that summer time at Lava is the "bees knees" if ya know what I mean. There are lots of things to do. Tubing down the river, swimming at the huge pool that has really really fun water slides, go to the park, visit the little shops all along main street, and of course sit in the hot pools (at night preferrably). It isn't too far of a drive from Salt Lake. Go there!!! It's totally worth the trip! Promise!

Anyway, on to the pictures.

The beautiful river!

Photobucket

Time at the park!

Photobucket

Grandma Great is the funnest!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is not a technically perfect photo but I like it because it shows the pure excitment on Turner's face because his dad is following him down the slide.

Photobucket

Cousin Melissa relaxing in her stroller.

Photobucket

My brother Brandon, Turner, and Justin sitting on the bank of the river.

Photobucket

Justin hates it when I post pictures of him but I don't care. he he he

Photobucket

Never fear, I've saved the best for last! If you know my grandpa Staley, you know that he is somewhat of a jokester. Well my mom dared my grandpa and grandma to wear these shirts into the hotpools one night. They totally did it!! I have NEVER in my life seen such a reaction. It was a really busy night at the pools and everyone LOVED those shirts. As my grandma passed by a guy, he said in a very sexy tone, "hey grandma!!". We were dying laughing! It was something I will never forget!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Hope you all have a good night with sweet dreams!

Talia

0 comments: