4 days ago
Friday, October 22, 2010
A couple of weeks ago Turner was playing with some cars under the barstools in our kitchen. I was making breakfast while daydreaming of sugar plums and dancing fairies. I was totally and completely zoned out. Of course I was going through the motions of making breakfast but I had completely tuned out everything that was going on around me. I suppose I could hear mumbled noises in the background but honestly I had retreated into lala land. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this! I swear it's like a parental defense mechanism. Honestly!
So any hoo, I was totally ripped out of lala land when I hear turner yelling at me. "Mom!!! The bug's comin'! Mom!!! The bug's comin'!". It took me a second to realize that he was actually talking about a creepy crawly bug. So I quickly walk around the island to see this apparent "bug". All I saw was a couple of black chunks of what looked to be the remnants of last night's dinner on the floor. I tell Turner not to worry because it's not a bug after all. It's a crumb. He repeats "Oh, it's a crumb.". Relieved, I quickly returned to lala land with every intention of sweeping up the "crumbs" in a few minutes.
A few minutes later I hear Turner hollering at me again! "MOM!!! THE CRUMB'S COMIN' THE CRUMB'S COMIN' THE CRUMB'S COMIN'!!!". I was super confused as I walked around the counter again. Looking at the ground, I see a giant beetle crawling right for Turners cars! All I could do was laugh. The "crumb" sure was a comin' and it was a comin' fast. That dang beetle must have been playing dead when I looked at it the first time cuz it sure looked like a crumb to me. But alas, it was a bug after all. Just as Turner had said.
Turner has recently developed a love for Thomas the train. He wants to watch that show non-stop!! I swear! When I actually sat down and watched it I was like "this is the stupidest show I have ever seen". Seriously!! Does anyone else agree with me? It's comletely stupid!
The other day I was standing in front of the T.V. with the boy and Thomas comes on. I say to him "Why do you like this show? It is sooooooo stupid." He says back to me, "But mom! It's happy!".
Posted by Talia Draper at 8:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Your little guy is getting big. I love your new blog design and all the fun pictures you have posted. You are such a great mommy and a talented photographer.
Post a Comment