Its hard for me to believe that my baby is already 1. This past year has just flown by for us. Turner has been such a joy and blessing in our lives. We love to watch him grow and learn new things every day. One of our favorite things is to watch him try new foods. We love to see his reaction.
We had a birthday party for him on his birthday. Thanks to everyone who was able to make it a special day for Turner.
Justin and I were having a hard time running the camera while trying to watch Turner open his presents and eat his cake. Therefore, some of these pictures aren't very good but oh well. My Mom took alot of pictures with her camera and some video too. As soon as I get copies of those pics, I will be sure to post some of them.
Here is a picture of Turner opening his presents. He had no clue what was going on and wasn't very interested in the actual opening of the presents. I ended up opening most of them for him because he preferred to "work the crowd". 
These cakes were a major task! Justin and I wanted Turner to have an ice cream cake so we went out in search of one and only found that they are very expensive. So, I decided to try making my own. I made practice cakes and everything. All in all, I think they turned out very well. Just a side note to those that are wondering.........I spent more on my own personal cakes than I would have if I had bought one. That plan sure didn't go over so well. Ü Turner LOVES the Backyardigans so that is how I decorated his cakes. They were sooooooooo yummy!


I know my Mom got video of this so as soon as I get a copy, I will post it. This was our favortie part of the night! It only took Turner a second or two to realize that the thing in front of him was edible. He dug in and ate ate ate. He was in heaven and we enjoyed watching every second of it. 



Some fun tidbits about Turner:
-He loves loves loves food. His world revolves around eating. Some of his favorite foods are bananas, applesauce, ice cream, toast, potatoes, raviolis, and yogurt. He hates Spaghetti O's, eggs, guava, and macaroni salad.
-He walks all over the place and loves every second of it. In fact, I just had the first experience of him running away from me the other day. I couldn't believe it.
-Turner can say: Dada (which he uses ALL the time), Mama, Hi, and Dog (which he also uses ALL the time).
-He has started pointing to everything he sees.
-He can snap his fingers, and wave bye bye.
-He knocks/tips over everything that he sees (and I mean everything). He is a true boy.
-He loves to empty any drawer that he can get open.
Happy Birthday Turner! We love you!
4 days ago


3 comments:
I can't believe he is one already! It seems so crazy to me. He sounds like a very busy little boy!
so cute!! I can't wait till we get in a permanent house (HOPEFULLY IN ONE SOON WISH US LUCK)and we can get abbys' first b'day up.
Turner is just so cute I think abby had a crush on him!
That is hilarious! I can't believe he picked up that whole cake! How fun! I can't believe he is already one!
Post a Comment