Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle Recipe

Hello everyone! This is one of the best deserts I have ever had. YUMMY!! So I thought I would share it will you all.


2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese softened
2 cups powdered sugar
8 oz sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp almond extract
12 oz cool whip thawed
4 tbs sugar
1 angel food cake torn into bite-size pieces
2 bags frozen strawberries or fresh strawberries

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy; add sour cream, vanilla and almond extract.
Fold the cool whip into the cream cheese mixture.
Gently stir in cake pieces; set aside.
Combine strawberries and sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
Layer in a large glass bowl, starting with 1/4 of the strawberries, then adding 1/3 of the cake mixture.
Continue layering; finish with strawberries.

4 comments:

Mrs. M. said...

Oh my gosh! That looks DIVINE! :) I might have to make some!

justinandash said...

That recipe looks fantastic! I'm going to give it a try for a baby shower I'm doing. It is funny that Sophie loves to play with her barbie, but she does much to Justin's dismay!

Brent and Anne said...

I love trifle! Yours looks so elegant! and tasty!

Coralie said...

That looks SOOOO good!!! I am putting that at the top of my to-do list for when I feel better!!! :) Thanks for your support, its always comforting to know someone is there. I can't believe that Turner is 1 already. Time goes by so fast. We need to get together more. :)