I am supposed to be trying to lose weight right now but the truth of the matter is that it is really hard. One question I have is this: Why are Suzy Q's so damn delicious?
Does anyone out there agree? Or am I one of the few people that actually know what that is? Well, for those of you who are curious, here is a picture. 
A couple of days ago, I was walking through my local Smiths Market Place and ran across some of these delectible treats and decided to buy the store out of them. Yep, bought the entire stock. Granted it was only four packages but trust me..had there been more, I would have bought those too.
Hello, my name is Talia and I am an addict.
Why would I do such a thing? If you will, I'd like to travel back in time a couple of weeks. It was a Saturday and I was at my hair dressers house getting a cut and color. Turner came along for the ride because my husband was working that day. So we're at the house and my hair is about finished. Turner had been playing nicely (or not so nicely and rather boyishly) with toys the entire time when he gets an idea. Its an idea that most kids get at some point in their lives. This I completely understand. I watch as he walks into the bathroom, throws a toy in the toilet and flushes.
Three hours later the toilet is fixed. Only after it has been ripped completely off the floor, a wire hanger has gone places no object should ever go, two trips to the hardware store, a borrowed toilet snake, and gross toilet water everywhere.
This experience alone would have forced anyone into a Suzy Q frenzie. But no, I was strong. Held my ground and stuck to the diet. Yay for me.
Now lets travel forward a few days from the toilet incident. Its nap time, I lay Turner down and leave the room. A few hours go by and I can hear him chattering to himself. He is awake and ready to play. I enter his room and notice the strong aroma of poop (not such an unusual thing after nap time). I move forward with every intention of scooping him up, giving him a kiss and changing his diaper. As I get closer to the crib I notice he is naked. No diaper. I rush in and check the diaper that is ever so neatly laying in the corner of the bed. It is completely dry. Not a stitch of poop on it. Then it hits me! He must have pooped somewhere in his bed. I can see a little smear of poop on the sheets but nothing else. I think to myself, "there is no way that little smear of poop is causing all this smell". Low and behold, the child pooped an adult size log and hid it under his stuffed doggie.
Yet another reason for Suzy Q madness. But again I held strong. Double the "yay" for me.
Ok, since you're reading and we're on this little time travel adventure, I might as well lead you another couple of days forward to the night that I had my friend Rhett watch Turner while his wife and I went to Bunko night next door. I had a blast and before I new it, it was time to fetch the little lad. I walked into the house and was informed that the little tyke had somehow gotten a hold of a collectors map and ripped it to shreds. Apparently the map held some sentimental value that couldn't be replaced. I felt awful. In fact, I cried the whole way home.
Suzy Q's were sounding pretty dang good about now. However, I stuck my ground and continued to lose weight. Super YAY!
The next little while was a blur that included all sorts of crazy things. THEN.... Hell came knocking on our front door and presented itself in the form of the stomache flu. Poor Turner has been super sick. Every article of clothing I own, blankets, sheets, the carpet, EVERYTHING has been covered in throw up. One early morning trip to Wal-Mart for Pedia-lite that ended in me hitting a shopping cart in the parking lot, one expensive trip to the doctor, and one uber expensive trip to Primary Children's and Turner is finally feeling better. Thankfully! 48 hours of virtually no sleep is not a good thing. Trust me.
Oooooooo........... then I got the stomache flu.
So that about leads us up to the shopping trip to Smiths Market Place and the Suzy Q feeding frenzie. Can you blame me??
And since no post can be complete without pictures, here are a few for you to enjoy.
Justin brought me home a dozen roses one night. I love him with all my heart!
Maggie and her dog bone.
One of my favorite cleaning supplies on the face of the earth. A must buy!
Turner giving me his stank face before his ever needed hair cut.
Looks like we need to buy more jammies. I snapped this picture on my phone while at the doctors office the other day. Oh.. one more quick story..... So we're at the doctors office. Turner is WAY sick. He is being really quiet. Not moving around much. The doctor checks him over and says "Sure is a mellow little guy". That was the moment I new Turner was really sick. No one has EVER used the word "mellow" to describe Turner. 
Chillaxing at Primary Childrens while watching Shrek. This was taken on my phone moments after Turner threw up everywhere. 
4 days ago


8 comments:
Ohhhhh....poor little kid! I am sorry he has been so sick! And I am sorry that you have been sick as well. I sure as heck need to get myself some Suzy Q's when I get home this summer. I have never had them before! They look DIVINE!!!
You deserve some chocolate! It is okay . . . I give you permission! I hope things start turning around for you!
Holy smokes girl! Hang in there and hope you are all feeling ok :o) Enjoy those Susy Q's i think they rock too!!
Oh Talia! I sure wish you lived closer, but I am so glad I can look at your blog and keep up with everything. When I read your blog, it's like a reflection of what I go through too. Aren't kids great?!?
By the way, Max got married about 6 months ago to Paulette. Around Thanksgiving he got into a motorcycle accident and broke his back again, hence the nice neck and back brace.
Oh my gosh, Talia!!! What an adventure you've had lately --
Oh dear! You sure have a funny way of telling such horrible stories! You made me laugh... and almost cry in the same post. I think you deserve another feeding frenzy! I hope Turner is feeling better!
Hope you are all feeling better...the chocolate fix was necessary and deserved :-)
Tal - you are too nice to fail to mention that your Mom was present during the toilet incident and he was under my watch!!! I was there getting my hair cut as well and it was my turn to be watching Turner while Talia was getting her hair done. He threw and flushed in a blink of an eye!!! So I brought him home to my house while Grandpa and Justin took care of a stranger's plumbing and Talia cleaned up the mess it was making. While at my house Turner was supposed to be taking a nap in the Pack n Play. I felt a presence in the room and there he was - watching me. I put him back and explained he had to stay there. He smiled in agreement and even closed his eyes and snuggled with his blanket. I turn around and he's standing behind me while I'm loading the dishwasher. I put him back and.....anyway - you get the picture! He's an adorable crazy boy!!!
Post a Comment