Do you ever have those days where it seems as though you've been busy busy busy but when it comes down to it, you can't really figure out what you did that day that was actually productive? I had one of those days yesterday.
It all started when I had this "brilliant" idea for a photo shoot with Turner. You see, our lives have been so crazy lately, we haven't found the time for a family picture and I really want to send out Christmas cards. So I decided that Turner can represent the Draper family and grace the cover of our Christmas card this year.
Well, my "brilliant" idea went to hell when I got an even "brillianter" (is that even a word) one. In order for you to understand the full extent of my brilliance. I will outline the course of my day.
First things first.....The BRILLIANT idea
-Take a picture of Turner jumping on the bed.
Cute idea in theory but come on. Trying to get a 20 month old to do what you tell him to is idiotic. Thankfully I realized this only after a few shots. This is where the even "brillianter" idea comes in.
Even BRILLIANTER idea....
-Tear open a feather pillow and let him play on the bed with the feathers.
I have no explaination for my complete idiocy. Feel free to laugh.Then came the clean up. I knew the clean up would be bad. I just had no idea it would be this bad. I imagined feathers all over my bedroom. I also imagined some Shop.Vac usage. Not a huge deal. What I didn't realize is that the feathers were going to spread like Herpes all over my house. My house was infected. I might as well have burned it down and rebuilt.
Anyhow, I broke out the Shop.Vac and got to work. Did anyone know that feathers have the ability to clog the hose of a Shop.Vac like cement? Just curious.

The next couple of hours were spent fixing the Shop.Vac. Which only made the Herpes situation worse and wasted perfectly good Turner nap time. I live for nap time. Do you? If so, you will understand how this put me in a little bit of a bad mood.
Does anyone out there have pets? Well, I do. Two in fact. It used to be that I actually loved my pets. I treated them like little human beings. My children. They were loved beyond belief and were showered with doggie and kitty treats daily. Pets toys littered my living room floor. It was cute.
Its funny what having a baby will do to your sense of reality. Turner comes along and I am snapped out of the happy la la land I was living in. Doggie and kitty are all of a sudden not so cute and I realize they are not in fact human.
Why I bring this up you ask? Well, yesterday after the Herpes outbreak, this lovely weiner throws up on my carpet.

She also does this.....

Her drive and ambition can be cute but not when it comes to being obsessed with the garbage cans.
****As a side note, I really do love my pets. They are well taken care of and happy. Please don't call animal control. :)
Its now time to make dinner. I am basically a single parent these days which makes cooking some what of a challenge. By the time dinner rolls around Turner is sick of the sight of me and can't wait for Justin to come home and give us a break. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen until about 9:30 at night and Turner is usually already in bed. So, that leaves me to cook dinner while the boy screams. The menu yesterday consisted of a grilled cheese sandwich and about half a bottle of ketchup. Turner generally won't eat much with out something to dip his food in. He calls this "Dippy". Well, Ketchup was the dippy of choice yesterday. He ate about three quarters of his sandwich and the other one fourth ended up on me. For some reason the boy finds it funny to chuck his food at my head during each meal. Getting him to stop is beyond me. Anyone have ideas???
So, we're now off to get ready for bed. Tub time is fun for Turner but mostly I think he likes to see how wet he can get me. By the end of tub time, I usually look like a drowned rat. Literally. Why is it that my boy runs his little legs as fast as they go when he gets out of the tub? I can barely catch his naked little self. This is his favorite part of the day. The part where he can run like the wind and make me catch him before he pees all over my house. Imagine a very wet version of me, running after this every night.

Then comes brushing the teeth. Usually this isn't hard. Justin bought Turner this nifty toothbrush which he loves. For some reason it was a fight to get just one little tooth brushed last night.
AHHH. One second of peace. The boy is in bed.

WAIT.....I realize my house is still a complete wreck. The feathers took up so much of my day, I didn't have the chance to pick up the messes, or do dishes. So, I cleaned up this mess:

this mess:

and this mess:

Then did dishes.
And that was my day.




6 comments:
OH MY GOSH! I feel your pain!!! I am sorry you had such a crazy day....but the pictures are adorable!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the feather ones
I feel so bad for you, but I couldn't help buy laugh the whole way through. It sounds just like my life these days. I had no idea that little kids could be so destructive, and I wonder why I didn't believe people when they tried to tell me this. I also know what's it's like to practically be a single parent. Good luck!
It is nice to know other Mom's have days like this ... ;o)
Sorry it was a crazy day but one day you will laugh at this and you will be glad you wrote it down!
I'm tired just reading that post!! :) It's amazing how quickly the destruction can set in!
P.S. You guys have been in my thoughts a lot lately. I hope things are looking up. <3
You are awesome! I had a day like that once when Jake was little. As I would clean up one wonderful mess he would make another just ahead of me. These included my laundry room full of laundry soap, my kitchen floor (carpet at the time) covered in flour and then peed in, my bedroom carpet bleached, and Emma (only about 5 months old at the time) sprayed in the face with spray and wash. Needless to say, it was a good thing we were still in Hurricane at the time because I had to call and inform my mother-in-law that if she wanted to keep her grandson around, she better come and get him.
Sorry about the whole "single parent" thing. We do that a lot around here, too. Hope your schedule gets better and you can get a MUCH DESERVED break soon! Hope to see you at grandma's on Saturday! Love ya!
WOw! What a day! So sorry. The only thing I can say is hang in there!
Post a Comment