
Sorry for the lack of posts lately. Sickness has overcome our house for the last two months. It seems as though its been one thing after the other.
We had a combined birthday party for Turner and Ava yesterday at the South Jordan Fitness and Aquatics Center. Ever been there? The pool is awesome! We ate delicious cake and swam like little fish. It was fun.
Turner is growing up. Right before my eyes. How does this happen so fast? I keep a journal for Turner to read when he is older. It is kept on my nightstand and filled with his stories. Stories that he will one day read and laugh at.
This little life that was given to me is so special. I want him to be able to look back and learn about his life through his mothers eyes. I feel so lucky to be his mother!
Here is an excerpt from one of the journal entries:
" I love you! I don't know of another way to describe the way I feel about you other than to say those three words. You make me smile, laugh, and love life every day. I am so thankful to be your mommy".
I love American Idol. Last week as the singers prepared to sing, they showed clips of some of their parents. They talked about how proud they are of their child but what grabbed my attention the most was the raw emotion that came as they talked about their love for their child. I found this very touching. There is something so amazing about watching a parent talk about how much they love their child. It is true. It is beautiful. I feel so lucky to finally "get it". Being a mother is wonderful.
I want to challenge you to keep a journal for your children. Doing this simple thing will create something that is so precious. You will never regret writing down the funny, sad, hard, and joyful stories of their life. If you don't have children, I challenge you to keep a journal of your own life. I truly believe that a journal is a window to the past. It will help you remember things long forgotten but most of all, it will teach you a lot about yourself.
4 days ago


1 comments:
Those bubble pictures are awesome! That is an excellent idea to keep a journal like that for your child. You are a great Mommy! I wish I would have thought about that when my kids were small.
Post a Comment