A couple of weekends ago we had the opportunity to go up Butterfield Canyon with our good friends Rhett and Britney. While we were there, we took advantage of the beautiful fall colors and had some family pictures taken. I think they turned out really well! Thanks to Britney for snapping the shots for us! 

I also wanted to let everyone know that Justin was accepted into the School of Business at the University of Utah! Justin received the letter yesterday in the mail. We are so excited! What an accomplishment! For those of you that don't know, Justin has perservered through years of working a full time job while going to school in the evenings. I am seriously SO proud of him!
Justin and I also celebrated our 5 year anniversary on October 10th! Oh how the time goes! It seems like yesterday that we were living in our run-down, one bedroom apartment on Settler's way with Justin driving the hand-me-down Ford LTD stationwagon. I'm seriously laughing just thinking about it. he he he ha ha ha.........ooohhhhhh........good times. Long live the wagon! Ü I can't believe where life has taken us though. Thank you to my brother and his wife for relieving us from parent duty long enough to have a quiet dinner for just the two of us! We are both so happy and still head over hills in love.
In the world of Talia, things are a little crazy. I have had alot of photo shoots lately and am now up to my neck in editing. I have definately learned to book my schedule in order to allow appropriate time for editing. I guess these are all just things that you learn as you go. However, I think things are going great! I am still SOOOO excited about this adventure. I LOVE photography! Everyone go check out my photography blog, http://www.taliadraperphotography.blogspot.com.
Now, on to Turner. My darling baby. Turner has completely mastered the art of sitting up! I will peek at him from across the room and he will have pulled himself up into a sitting position from the floor. This has come in quite handy for him at night when its time for bed. Usually he will lay down and be out cold in a matter of seconds. But no! Not now! This is what happened the other night as I sat editing photos on the computer in our loft area.
...So there I was, working in the quiet of the night, totally silent. When all of a sudden, I get the horrible feeling that I am being watched. I turned ever so quietly to look into Turner's peaceful room and what did I see???? Two big eyes peering over the bumper of the crib right at me!!!! Yikes!!! I jumped a little and then realized that Turner was just admiring me from afar. How sweet! I love that little boy so much! I couldn't stop myself from running in, scooping him up, and giving him a big bear hug. For me, that is one of life's most treasured moments.
So that is what has been going on in our world lately. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to check out what we are up to. We love you all!



5 comments:
Those are some great pictures of your beautiful family! I love the fall colors! Turner is such a cute little guy! I love hearing about him in all your stories! I am really happy that you are loving the photography thing! I am way jealous!
Such great pics!! What an amazing photographer I am. He He He.... I'm sure it had nothing to do with your photoshop handy work. Speaking of photoshop handy work.... where the heck is my cute family?!!! I mean seriously, It's not like you have had anything else going on. I know you just sit on your butt all day eating bon bon's just like me. ;)
HEY! YOU HAVE SUCH A CUTE FAMILY!TURNER IS SUCH A HANDSOME LITTLE BOY!i HAVE THREE WEEKS FROM TOMARROW UNTIL THIS BABY BOY IS OUT OF ME AND I CANT EVEN WAIT!KIDS ARE SO MUCH FUN!
Will you take pictures of Me and Mike for our Christmas cards!?
Hey Talia and family! I saw your pictures on your photography blog and you take some really awesome photos. I actually didn't know you were a photographer - I would hire you in a second! It all looks really good! Turner is getting so big! You all look fantastic. I'm so excited for your hubbie's acceptance to the U and that everything is going well for you and Turner too! (That sounded like a poem: )
-Susan & Dave
Post a Comment